In most countries, the Internet is now a massive part of our everyday life. We use it at work, and we use it at home. It is all around us. A person from a First World country would be in a minority if they said they had not paid for anything across the Internet or bought a product or service online through an eCommerce store.
Statistics show retail e-commerce sales as a percent of global retail sales from 2015 to 2021. In 2016, e-retail sales accounted for 8.7 percent of all retail sales worldwide. This figure is expected to reach 15.5 percent in 2021.
As stated on Statista.com – read more here
So, apparently, there is a vast marketplace online that needs to be serviced by online shops and websites selling products and services. Many Business owners see a massive market for established brick and mortar businesses to move into the World of eCommerce and sell online.
ECommerce Website Designers and Partners should be assessed for their suitability to deliver an ongoing quality relationship that will be to your company’s best benefit for the long term.
- A strong history of developing eCommerce Websites with a good portfolio and testimonials
- Hosting with reliable and robust Internet connections
- Excellent design and development team adequate support in the future
- Online Marketing Professionals with a proven history of success and a good portfolio of established clients – THE single most important feature of any shop – getting visitors through the doors!
More Sales with SEO
eCommerce websites owners should recognise that the more people you get to come to your website the more sales you will make. Search Engine Optimisation does precisely this, targeting specific phrases that when searched on in Google your site shows up. Now it should be noted that the higher to the top you finish the more website visitors you are likely to get.
In studies, it has been shown that 80% of all people who search for a term go to one, or more, of the results on the first page (the top 10) results. So the goal with SEO is to get on the first page and in the top 10 results shown for a given search term. So your goal in choosing a partner should be focused on excellent website design but more on online marketing and how they can help you spread the word and get visitors to your website.
Remarkety.com states – read the article here
eCommerce Global statistics 2016
- 53% of global Internet users have made an online purchase in 2016 – that’s approximately 1 billion users. Source US Government
- Email is important. In 2016 traffic sources that drive sales globally showed that a staggering 20% of leads came from email. Source SmartInsights
- Organic traffic remained the top lead generator at 22% and CPC came in third at 19%. 58% of consumers preferred receive coupons, promotions and discounts via email. Source SmartInsights
- 65% of consumers would purchase globally rather than locally if the price is right. Source PWC Global Report
An eCommerce website provides many benefits to the underlying business.
It gives the business an extra dimension and as mentioned above if implemented with SEO, many doorways into the shop. With more customers comes more revenues – everyone recognizes this fact. An eCommerce Shop also provides Interstate, National and even global reach for your product or service. With a Global eCommerce system, you can reach the farthest reaches of the World and supply product, creating a Global Brand Name in new emerging markets.